From 1 January 2018 the National Minimum Wage will increase to €9.55 per hour.
The changes in National Minimum Wage are represented in the table below.
[table id=22 /]
For the purposes of the Act, the following payments are regarded as wages:
- normal basic pay, as well as any overtime
- shift allowances or other similar payments
- any fee, bonus or commission
- any holiday, sick or maternity pay
- any other return or payment for work (whether made under the contract of employment or otherwise),
- any sum payable to an employee in lieu of notice of termination of employment.
The following payments are not regarded as wages:
- any payment of expenses incurred by the employee in carrying out his/her employment
- any payment by way of a pension, allowance or gratuity in connection with the death, retirement or resignation of the employee or as compensation for loss of office
- any payment referable to the employee’s redundancy
- any payment to the employee otherwise than in his/her capacity as an employee
- any payment in kind or benefit in kind.
For further information or assistance with processing your payroll, please call Niall on +353 42 933 9955 or email email@example.com.