Audit & Accounts Junior
Job Title: Audit & Accounts Junior
Who We Are
UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited is a leading Top 20 accountancy and taxation practice in the Northeast of Ireland and a member of the global accountancy network UHY, ranked in the Top 20 networks worldwide.
UHY FDW has evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern an cutting-edge firms in today’s market. It has significant market share and presence across the north-east which is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the sector.
We pride ourselves on being people focused, and we understand the importance of attracting and retaining the highest calibre individuals. Our team of over 8 directors and 75 staff deliver a first class service across 4 offices to a diverse range of clients, locally, nationally and internationally. We are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and are excited to expand our team with individuals who will help us in fulfilling our purpose.
We are seeking to strengthen our existing audit team and this role would be suitable for an ambitious and motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and would enjoy a hands on role.
The firm provides career focused developmental programmes and trainings with various external experts and training partners to assist our staff with personal and professional growth at all levels to ensure their careers progress.
We put a high focus on work-life balance and prefer to promote internally, opening opportunities for fast career progression.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience
- Flexible working hours, with a four-and-a-half-day week (08:30 – 17:30 Monday – Thursday, 09:00 – 12:30 Friday)
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to a cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Discounts available with partners for gym membership, hotel bookings, retail and more
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- A fun and inclusive team working environment
The role will be varied and we have listed some of your core responsibilities here:
- Part of a team involved in the provision of assurance services to a portfolio of clients across various sectors to support the directors’ and team in ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation and achievement of auditing standards
- Preparation of accounts and financial statements
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Responsible for working with Audit Seniors, Management and Partner on design and implementation of audit plans
- Preparation and completion of audit files
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and time frame
- Working together with the team to meet clients’ requirements on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
- You will have strong technical knowledge, e.g., UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS and ISA’s
- You will be tech-savvy
- You will have a pro-active approach to tasks, big and small
- You will be motivated by a fast-paced environment
- You will be keen to immerse yourself in our culture
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have excellent planning and organisational ability
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- Education: Completed degree in Accountancy, Finance or Business
- You are a high calibre graduate who wishes to pursue a recognised professional accountancy qualification and can demonstrate a progressive, forward-thinking and innovative approach to developing business solutions.
Our firm and entire team are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and we have aligned our core values to support us all in achieving this. Our core values are: Integrity, Be Engaged, Be Passionate, Respect & Teamwork.
If you believe our company values align with your own, we would love you to be a part of our team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Your CV
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of candidates, we may not be able to respond to every applicant.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.