Audit & Accounts Manager
Job Title: Audit & Accounts Manager
Are you an ambitious qualified accountant with Audit experience?
Would you like to work in a firm that will allow you grow professionally with opportunities for career progression, gives you exposure to multiple industries, is a member of an international network and has many perks including flexible working hours in a hybrid environment?
If the answer is yes, then we have a great role for you in our head office in Dundalk, as an Audit Manager.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working with every Friday working from home and finish your day at 12.30pm
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
Now you have read about some of the benefits of joining UHY FDW, let us tell you a bit about what you will be doing on a daily basis.
We are seeking to strengthen our existing audit team and this role would be suitable for an ambitious and motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and would enjoy a hands on role which would require participation in all aspects of running of the department and team.
The role will be varied and we have listed some of your core responsibilities here:
- The management of and involvement with a team involved in the provision of assurance services to a portfolio of clients across various sectors to support the directors’ and staff in ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation and achievement of auditing standards
- The review, design, development, implementation and management of audit schedules, programmes, plans and assignments to drive compliance with agreed standards, to drive exceptional benefits and enhance value for clients and to improve knowledge and professionalism for all staff
- The preparation and development of audit plans and schedules and the management of assignments through to completion to meet the firm’s requirements and client deadlines
- Reviewing the work of audit trainees to develop their skillsets and delivery of completed files for director review
- You will be developing the team and be a role model
- Liaising with directors in appraisal of firms’ objectives and delivery of client services
- You will build relationships with the clients so that you are their “go-to” person and will manage their expectations, their audit and our team to deliver a high-quality audit with exceptional client service
- Thinking strategically about clients’ needs by understanding their business and key risks, assessing situations before they become critical and developing solutions to deal with same, providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis and identifying ways to maximise the relationships with clients and deliver added value
- Participation in ongoing business development activities within the firm and in particular identification of opportunities arising from the assurance process
As a growing audit department, we have big goals for the future and you could be part of this journey.
- You will have supervisory or managerial experience
- You will have strong technical knowledge, e.g., UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS and ISA’s
- You will be tech-savvy
- You will have a pro-active approach to tasks, big and small
- You will be motivated by a fast-paced environment
- You will be keen to immerse yourself in our culture
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have excellent planning and organisational ability
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will have a proven record of development of client relationships
- Ability to handle numerous simultaneous assignments
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of CCH
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Education / experience:
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an assurance / advisory / professional services environment preferably in a medium sized to large audit department or practice
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams
Who We Are
UHY FDW have been growing steadily in recent years and are one of the largest indigenous accounting, audit and business advisory practices operating throughout the island of Ireland with a client base located throughout Ireland, the UK and globally.
We have four offices located in Dundalk, Balbriggan, Dublin and Newry and we have a dynamic and driven team of directors who are committed to high growth and practice development whilst at the same time focusing on a solutions-based approach to meet the requirements of our clients and the provision of prompt and efficient service delivery to the highest professional standards.
With future growth plans in place for the firm, this role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation which is a member of the UHY international network which has over 8,900 trusted advisors and consultants operating in 340 business centres in more than 100 countries.
UHY FDW believe in diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have created a diverse and inclusive culture to welcome all our team members as our people are integral to everything we do.
Our values are in line with our culture, guiding our team to have respect for oneself, their colleagues and clients, to communicate openly, to support teammates, uphold the highest ethical standards with commitment to achieving optimal results whilst exhibiting passion, enthusiasm and confidence.
Submit your CV:
If you believe you have the capabilities and skills to meet this challenging but rewarding role please forward a detailed CV to Martina Gribben, Director, UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited, by email to email@example.com.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.