Audit & Accounts Senior
Job Title: Audit & Accounts Senior
Location: Dundalk & Balbriggan
Who We Are
UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited is a leading Top 20 accountancy and taxation practice in the Northeast of Ireland and a member of the global accountancy network UHY, ranked in the Top 20 networks worldwide.
UHY FDW has evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern an cutting-edge firms in today’s market. It has significant market share and presence across the north-east which is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the sector.
We pride ourselves on being people focused, and we understand the importance of attracting and retaining the highest calibre individuals. Our team of over 8 directors and 75 staff deliver a first class service across 4 offices to a diverse range of clients, locally, nationally and internationally. We are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and are excited to expand our team with individuals who will help us in fulfilling our purpose.
We are seeking to strengthen our existing audit team and this role would be suitable for an ambitious and motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and would enjoy a hands on role.
The firm provides career focused developmental programmes and trainings with various external experts and training partners to assist our staff with personal and professional growth at all levels to ensure their careers progress.
We put a high focus on work-life balance and prefer to promote internally, opening opportunities for fast career progression.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience
- Flexible working hours, with a four-and-a-half-day week (08:30 – 17:30 Monday – Thursday, 09:00 – 12:30 Friday)
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to a cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Discounts available with partners for gym membership, hotel bookings, retail and more
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- A fun and inclusive team working environment
As an audit/accounts senior within the Firm your role will encompass a broad range of duties as are appropriate to that role as determined by the Firm, which will without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing shall include:-
- Prepare all audit and accounts assignments given to you within strict deadlines as laid down by your team manager and to ensure that the assignment comes in within agreed budgets. Failure to meet target deadlines will require full and detailed explanations to the directors and may result in disciplinary action.
- Co-ordination of all audit/accounts assignments with which you are tasked and the supervision and instruction of assistants and trainee staff assigned with you.
- Meet with clients during the course of the assignment for the purposes of garnering the information and explanations required to satisfactorily complete the task within deadline and budget.
- Attendance at clients’ premises where so ever situated to ensure proper completion of the assignment.
- Attendance at clients’ stock takes to ensure full and proper performance of an audit. The attendance at same may require you to attend those clients’ premises outside of normal working hours, including weekends and public holidays, where they fall due.
- Attendance at closing meetings with managers and directors with the clients on completion of the assignment. These meetings may require you to attend outside of normal working hours.
- Preparation of reports, returns and other such documentation on behalf of clients for submission to the Revenue Commissioners (Ireland), HM Revenue & Customs (UK) Companies Registration Office (Ireland), Companies House (UK) and any other similar body in whatsoever jurisdiction in which we may be requested to act.
- Preparation of business plans, financial projections and other similar reports in support of bank finance applications on behalf of clients.
- Preparation of grant claims and similar type funding applications to state agencies on behalf of clients.
- Preparation of reports and similar material for submission to the Judicial Courts of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England and other jurisdictions in support of any litigation support services provided by the Firm to any client.
- Attendance at Court hearings, mediation hearings, arbitration hearings and other similar appeal hearings for and on behalf of clients.
- Liaising with various State agencies and representing clients’ interests with those agencies.
- Drafting internal and external communication materials for approval by the Firm.
- Conducting research and preparing and presenting reports both internally and externally to either clients or other interested third parties.
- Taking responsibility for client relationships with those clients assigned to your team
- Preparation of internal management reports to confirm the status of assignments on which you are currently working.
- All other various ad hoc assignments or tasks that may be given to you as part of your employment.
- You will have strong technical knowledge, e.g., UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS and ISA’s
- You will be tech-savvy
- You will have a pro-active approach to tasks, big and small
- You will be motivated by a fast-paced environment
- You will be keen to immerse yourself in our culture
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have excellent planning and organisational ability
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- Education: Completed degree in Accountancy, Finance or Business
- You are a high calibre graduate who wishes to pursue a recognised professional accountancy qualification and can demonstrate a progressive, forward-thinking and innovative approach to developing business solutions.
Our firm and entire team are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and we have aligned our core values to support us all in achieving this. Our core values are: Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Be Engaged & Be Passionate.
If you believe our company values align with your own, we would love you to be a part of our team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Your CV
If you are interested in this role, please contact Katy Harris, People & Culture Manager email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of candidates, we may not be able to respond to every applicant.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.