Junior Company Secretary
Job Title: Junior Company Secretary
Are you a recently/partly qualified Chartered Secretary, considering working in Dublin or considering a change of location outside Dublin? If yes, then here is a rare opportunity not to be missed.
Dublin is an expensive city to live in, so expect to see a large chunk of your salary go out on rent, just to live in the city centre. Have you considered a more local firm, where the commute would be much easier; where the cost of living is much less, and even where the cost of renting might disappear?
If this sounds interesting, then here is what we are offering.
UHY are seeking to take on board an “Junior Company Secretary”. Someone just starting out or someone with 1-2 years experience in a professional services firm / law firm and can offer you a competitive package. You would join a team of both fully qualified and partly qualified “Cosecs”, where you will work in a supportive network, allowing you to develop your existing skills and gain valuable experience. We are headquartered in Dundalk, Co. Louth, with offices also in Balbriggan and Dublin. This particular position will be available in Dundalk. With our flexi-time working arrangements, it gives you the opportunity to get your “work-life balance” right.
Support the Company Secretarial Team in a junior position, in respect of the provision of company secretarial and corporate governance advisory services to a range of clients.
The role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Filing of documentation with Companies Registration Office;
- Filing of documentation with Registrar of Beneficial Owners;
- Assist with preparing and filing of Annual Returns;
- Preparing and Filing of Board and General Minutes;
- Updating the Company Secretarial software package;
- Assist with Risk Management processes;
- Supporting the team with compliance transactions including administrative duties.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Preferred Start date:
Immediate, upon the availability of the candidate.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- University or College degree is a minimum requirement (preferably a Business or Law background);
- Ideally a candidate who is pursuing a Chartered Governance professional qualification (ACG: The Chartered Governance Institute), working towards achieving ACG(ICSA) membership;
- 1+ years experience in this area would be preferred, but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good Interpersonal skills;
- Good time management skills, together with deadline awareness;
- MS Office Skills.
UHYCC can offer:
- 24 days annual leave;
- Flexible Friday – 12.30pm finish on Friday working from home;
- Professional annual subscription;
- CPD costs.
Submit your CV:
If you believe you have the capabili8ties and skills to meet this challenging but rewarding role please forward a detailed CV to Richard Windrum, Director, UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited, by email to email@example.com.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.