Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Who We Are
UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited is a leading Top 20 accountancy and taxation practice in the Northeast of Ireland and a member of the global accountancy network UHY, ranked in the Top 20 networks worldwide.
UHY FDW has evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern an cutting-edge firms in today’s market. It has significant market share and presence across the north-east which is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the sector.
We pride ourselves on being people focused, and we understand the importance of attracting and retaining the highest calibre individuals. Our team of over 8 directors and 75 staff deliver a first class service across 4 offices to a diverse range of clients, locally, nationally and internationally. We are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and are excited to expand our team with individuals who will help us in fulfilling our purpose.
We are seeking to strengthen our existing payroll team and this role would be suitable for an ambitious and motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and would enjoy a hands-on role.
The firm provides career focused developmental programmes and trainings with various external experts and training partners to assist our staff with personal and professional growth at all levels to ensure their careers progress.
We put a high focus on work-life balance and prefer to promote internally, opening opportunities for fast career progression.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience.
- Flexible working hours, with a four-and-a-half-day week (08:30 – 17:30 Monday – Thursday, 09:00 – 12:30 Friday)
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to a cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Discounts available with partners for gym membership, hotel bookings, retail and more
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- A fun and inclusive team working environment
As a Payroll Specialist within the Firm your role will encompass a broad range of duties as are appropriate to that role as determined by the Firm, which will without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing shall include:-
- Preparation of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll using Brightpay software.
- Review of timesheets for uploading to the payroll software
- Calculation of holiday pay and statutory payments such as sick pay, maternity pay, paternity pay etc.
- Calculations of benefits in kind to be included in the payroll process.
- Maintain pension contributions and uploading of reports to pension providers were required.
- Assisting with bank transfers of salary payments.
- Distribution of payslips on or before date of payment.
- Ensure payroll is accurately processed and maintained in a timely manner.
- The ability to meet payroll deadlines.
- Processing monthly PAYE submissions to Revenue to include management of payments.
- You will be responsible for a full client allocation which will require liaising with clients on a regular basis.
- You will report directly to the Payroll Manager.
- All other various ad hoc assignments or tasks relative to the role that may be given to you as part of your employment.
- The ideal candidate will be IPASS Certified or willing to commence this course.
- You will be tech-savvy
- You will have a pro-active approach to tasks, big and small
- You will be motivated by a fast-paced environment
- You will be keen to immerse yourself in our culture and to work as part of a team
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have excellent planning and organisational ability
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will have strong technical knowledge
Our firm and entire team are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and we have aligned our core values to support us all in achieving this. Our core values are: Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Be Engaged & Be Passionate.
If you believe our company values align with your own, we would love you to be a part of our team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Your CV
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our portal on bamboohr.com
If you have any queries, please contact Katy Harris, People & Culture Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of candidates, we may not be able to respond to every applicant.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.