Senior Company Secretary
Job Title: Senior Company Secretary
Are you a qualified Chartered Secretary, working in Dublin and considering a change of location? If yes, then don’t miss this opportunity.
You’re already aware that Dublin is an expensive city to live in, and you’re probably setting aside a large chunk of your existing salary on rent, just to live in the city centre. However, have you considered a move to a more local firm, where the commute would be much easier; where the cost of living is much less, and even where the cost of renting might disappear?
If this sounds interesting, then here is what we are offering.
UHY are seeking to take on board an “experienced hire Company Secretary”. Someone with 4-5 plus years experience in a professional services firm / law firm and can offer a competitive package. You would join a team of both fully qualified and partly qualified “Cosecs”, where you are encouraged to and would have the opportunity to make your own mark on the practice and not just be considered a “number”.
We are a dynamic firm and wish to hire someone with a “go getter” attitude, so if this is not you, then we are probably not the best fit for you. You will be challenged, but within a supportive network and you more importantly will have the chance to develop and refine your existing skills.
We are headquartered in Dundalk, Co. Louth and are hoping to hire someone from the local areas. Louth, Meath, Monaghan and also across the border into NI (where a lot of the Cosecs in Ireland originate from), are all very easy commutes, with NI only being a short car journey down the motorway.
With our flexi-time working arrangements, it gives you the opportunity to get your “work-life balance” back in order.
Our official job spec is below and I welcome you to reach out to me, if you have an interest in this position, as we will be happy to organise a meeting with you.
Support the Company Secretarial Team in a senior position, in respect of the provision of company secretarial and corporate governance advisory services to a range of clients.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Supporting team with corporate governance projects, including re-structures;
- Attendance at meetings and preparing minutes for review;
- Supporting team with corporate transactions including preparation of CRO statutory forms;
- Participating in special projects;
- Updating the Company Secretarial software package;
- Filing of documentation with Companies Registration Office;
- Filing of documentation with Registrar of Beneficial Owners;
- Preparing and Filing of Board and General Minutes;
- Assist with Risk Management processes;
- Responsibility for portfolio of clients and provide guidance to junior team members.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Preferred Start date:
Immediate, upon the availability of the candidate.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- University or College degree is a minimum requirement (preferably in Business or Law background);
- Ideally a candidate who is pursuing a Chartered Governance professional qualification (ICSA: The Chartered Governance Institute), having obtained ICSA membership;
- 4+ years experience in this area would be preferred, but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of Companies Act 2014;
- Excellent communication skills essential;
- Strong service delivery skills and strong attention to detail;
- Good Interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, together with deadline awareness;
- MS Office Skills and proficient in using Diligent/Blueprint.
UHYCC can offer:
- 24 days annual leave;
- Flexible Friday – 12.30pm finish on Friday working from home;
- Professional annual subscription;
- CPD costs.
Submit your CV:
If you believe you have the capabilities and skills to meet this challenging but rewarding role please forward a detailed CV to Richard Windrum, Director, UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited, by email to email@example.com.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.