Job Title: Tax Manager
Who We Are
UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited is a leading Top 20 accountancy and taxation practice in the Northeast of Ireland and a member of the global accountancy network UHY, ranked in the Top 20 networks worldwide.
UHY FDW has evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern an cutting-edge firms in today’s market. It has significant market share and presence across the north-east which is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the sector.
We pride ourselves on being people focused, and we understand the importance of attracting and retaining the highest calibre individuals. Our team of over 8 directors and 75 staff deliver a first class service across 4 offices to a diverse range of clients, locally, nationally and internationally. We are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and are excited to expand our team with individuals who will help us in fulfilling our purpose.
We are a growing accountancy firm looking for a Tax Technician or AITI to join our tax team in our Dundalk office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to cut down their commute and progress their career in a growing and ambitious firm.
We are seeking an ambitious qualified tax person with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax. The firm provides career focused developmental programmes and trainings with various external experts and training partners to assist our staff with personal and professional growth at all levels to ensure their careers progress.
We put a high focus on work-life balance and prefer to promote internally, opening opportunities for fast career progression.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience
- Flexible working hours, with a four-and-a-half-day week (08:30 – 17:30 Monday – Thursday, 09:00 – 12:30 Friday)
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to a cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Discounts available with partners for gym membership, hotel bookings, retail and more
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- A fun and inclusive team working environment
- Assisting in the management of a mixed portfolio of clients and will be a client facing role;
- The candidate will be given their own person portfolio of clients. They will work as a member of the tax compliance team, the main responsibility will be to draft income tax and VAT computations & returns in accordance with Irish tax legislation and company law requirements;
- Providing timely and accurate information to clients on ongoing tax issues;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and working on various tax consultancy projects directly with a broad range of clients and the tax director across all tax heads;
- Various ad hoc tax duties and responsibilities as directed;
- The candidate will report to the tax director and will be fully supported by both team members;
- The candidate will manage a team of two junior staff to assist with the tax compliance work.
- Tax Technician or AITI;
- Minimum 5 years experience working in tax practice;
- A good understanding and knowledge of Irish VAT, income tax and the Irish tax legislation;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Confidence in dealing with people and strong client-facing skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills;
- Good attention to detail.
Our firm and entire team are committed to our purpose “Achieve a Better Future Together” and we have aligned our core values to support us all in achieving this. Our core values are: Integrity, Be Engaged, Be Passionate, Respect & Teamwork.
If you believe our company values align with your own, we would love you to be a part of our team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Your CV
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of candidates, we may not be able to respond to every applicant.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.