Job Title: Tax Trainee
We are currently seeking a Tax Trainee to join our growing team within this well-established practice. You will gain experience across all areas of tax compliance and consultancy and deal with clients from various industries.
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive package with many supports and benefits, some of which we have listed:
- You will be offered a competitive salary based on your experience
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working with every Friday working from home and finish your day at 12.30pm
- Generous holiday allowance with additional company days for Christmas and Easter holidays
- Ability to build up 5 additional days annual leave per annum
- Additional days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Volunteering day to spend one day each year dedicated to cause you care about
- Training and continuous learning
- Funded CPD hours programme
- Funded tuition
- Free parking
- CSR, ESG and Social Committees offering funded social events
- Wellbeing programme, including My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
- Commission for introducing new clients and new team members
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- On-site games room
- Food truck on location
- Great teammates
- Diverse and inclusive culture
The role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Liasing with clients and advising on tax compliance for RCT, Vat and Income Tax
- Assisting clients with ongoing RCT compliance
- Assisting with the preparation of Income Tax and Corporation Tax calculations
- Managing a portfolio of Vat clients to ensure accurate returns are filed in a timely manner
- Assisting with Capital Gains Tax and Capital Acquisitions Tax compliance
- Assisting with technical research for tax consultancy projects
- Engaging and liasing with Revenue on behalf of clients
- Working closely with Managers and Directors on tax advisory projects
- Graduate looking to pursue a career in tax
- Ideally have commenced AITI tax exams
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team of professionals
- Be motivated and show strong attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
Who We Are
UHY FDW have been growing steadily in recent years and are one of the largest indigenous accounting, audit and business advisory practices operating throughout the island of Ireland with a client base located throughout Ireland, the UK and globally.
We have four offices located in Dundalk, Balbriggan, Dublin and Newry and we have a dynamic and driven team of directors who are committed to high growth and practice development whilst at the same time focusing on a solutions-based approach to meet the requirements of our clients and the provision of prompt and efficient service delivery to the highest professional standards.
With future growth plans in place for the firm, this role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation which is a member of the UHY international network which has over 8,900 trusted advisors and consultants operating in 340 business centres in more than 100 countries.
UHY FDW believe in diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have created a diverse and inclusive culture to welcome all our team members as our people are integral to everything we do.
Our values are in line with our culture, guiding our team to have respect for oneself, their colleagues and clients, to communicate openly, to support teammates, uphold the highest ethical standards with commitment to achieving optimal results whilst exhibiting passion, enthusiasm and confidence.
Submit your CV
If you believe you have the capabilities and skills to meet this challenging but rewarding role please forward a detailed CV along with a covering email to Niall Donnelly, Tax Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UHY FDW is an equal opportunities employer.