UK Autumn Budget 2017 Highlights
The UK Autumn Budget 2017 was presented on Wednesday 22 November 2017 by the Chancellor Philip Hammond.
Watch our UK Autumn Budget 2017 video which highlights the main points from the Budget.
Here are some of the points covered:
- Stamp duty will be abolished for first-time buyers purchasing properties worth up to £300,000
- The higher-rate tax threshold will increase to £46,350
- The tax-free personal allowance on income tax will rise to £11,850 in April 2018
- The VAT threshold for small business will stay at £85,000 for two years
- Government will explore tax breaks for landlords who offer longer-term secure tenancies
Click here for more in-depth information and to download a detailed Budget Summary from our UHY International member firm based in the UK, UHY Hacker Young.
If you have any queries, contact our Tax Manager today!
Jane Jackson, Dundalk Office
+353 42 933 9955